Ticket priceThe price of admission is € 8.- full price; € 5.- reduced fee.
The reduced fee is
- for school classes (any range of school), presenting a certificate from their School;
- for youth from age 7 to 15;
- for soldiers and police in uniform or with identification card.
Free entrance is granted
- to children up to the age of 6;
- to Professors, teachers and catechists accompanying students groups – one per 15 students allowed;
- to Students of the Pontifical Institute of Christian Archaeology (with ID issued by the Pontificial Commission of Sacred Archaeology);
- to Priest and religious of the Order that manages the catacomb;
- to the disabled, with a helper;
- to Guides and drivers of groups paying full-price tickets . Tickets can not be transferred to others member of the group;
- to Members of the Pontifical Swiss Guard and of the Vatican Police Force currently serving.
Full price tickets
Anyone who does not qualify for the above categories must pay full price tickets.
There is not discount for student (not in a group) or for ancient people.
The visit is GUIDED for free by guides who speak various languages. The visit (introduction beforehand and the walk through the Catacombs) will last about 30/40 minutes.
The payment of the admission is made:
- in cash at the tickets office;
- by vouchers, if the Tourist Agency has drawn up a contract with our administration;
- by credit cards (CartaSì, Bancomat, Eurocard/ Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Diners);
- online with a credit card at PayPal and picked up at the ticket office during the open hours of the Catacombs.
Rules for visiting
- It is not necessary – even if advisable - to book in advance the more visit of a group. Please contact us in time, when the group consists of more than 30 people.
- Booking is necessary for the celebration of Holy Mass.
- The booking must specify the
requested day and hour of the Mass, the number and language of the participants.
- The groups must provide their own priest.
- The time for the celebration is from 09.00 to 11.00 and from 14.00 to 15.30.
- The Catacombs will provide what is required for the Mass, including the Liturgical Books with the text of the Mass of the Martyrs and the corresponding readings in Latin and in seven other languages (Italian, English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese and Polish) and the vestments for three priests.
- The time allowed for the Mass is 30 minutes, not longer, to respect the timetable arranged with the next groups
- The form the visit will take.
The visitors follow a guide in their own language, without any further recompense, but in time of great flow, groups of the same language arriving at the same time, will be joined together in the grounds above the catacombs.
There they receive a full introduction to the Catacombs of Saint Callixtus (history, symbols, crypts and galleries, frescoes and inscriptions). Then they will be accompanied underground, without stopping for further explanations, through the crypts and galleries.
We cannot satisfy the request for a longer visit and further explanations underground nor can we take different routes.